Defence Services Staff College Recruitment 2021, Wellington (Nilgiris), Tamil Nadu, invites applications from eligible Indian citizens for the following Group ‘C’ Civilian posts:–
- Stenographer Grade II [Level 4 – ₹ 25500-81100/-]Total Posts -4 (UR-3, OBC-1)Age: 18-27 YearsEducational Qualifications: (i) 12thClass or equivalent from a recognized Board or University.(ii) Skill Test Norms : Dictation : 10 minutes @ 80 words per minuteTranscription : 50 minutes (English), 65 minutes (Hindi) (On Computer)
- Lower Division Clerk [Level 2 – ₹ 19900-63200/-]Total Posts –10 (UR-4, OBC-4, ST-1, EWS-1)Age: 18-27 YearsAdjust in reserved categories: 01 x ESMEducational Qualifications:(i) 12thClass pass from a recognized Board or University; and (ii) Skill Test:A typing speed of 35 words per minute in English or 30 words per minute in Hindi on computer (Time allowed –10 minutes)
- Civilian Motor Driver (Ordinary Grade) [Level 2 – ₹ 19900-63200/-]Total Posts – 7 (UR-4, OBC-3)Age: 18-27 Years Educational Qualifications:(i) 12thClass or equivalent from a recognized Board or University. (ii) Must possess the civilian driving license for heavy vehicles.(iii) Two years experience from a recognized Organisationor Undertaking in driving heavy vehicles.
- Sukhani [Level 2 – ₹ 19900-63200/-]Total Posts –1 (UR-1)Age: 18-25 YearsEducational Qualifications:(i) 12thClass or equivalent from a recognized Board or University; (ii) Certificate in swimming from a recognized Organisation or Undertaking.(iii) Good sailing knowledge and two years experienceof small boats.(iv) Proficient in handling out Board Motors.OREx-
Sailors of the rank of leading Seaman and above of the Indian Navy.
- Carpenter [Level 2 – ₹ 19900-63200/-]Total Posts-1 (OBC-1)Age: 18-25 YearsEducational Qualifications:(i) 12thClass or equivalent from a recognized Board or University and (ii) Two years experiencefrom a recognized Organisation or Undertaking in the trade.OR(i) Industrial Training Institute Pass Certificate as Carpenter from a recognised institute.(ii) Two years experience from a recognized Organisation or Undertaking in the
- Multi Tasking Staff – (Office and Training) [Level 1 – ₹ 18000-56900/-]Total Posts: 60 (UR-25, OBC-21, SC-7, ST-2, EWS-5)Age: 18-25 YearsAdjust in reserved categories: 06 x ESM and06 x PwBD (06 x PwBD (01 x Visually Handicapped, 02 x Hearing Handicapped, 02 x Orthopedically Handicapped and 01 x autism, intellectual disability, mental illness, multiple disabilities)Educational Qualifications:Matriculation pass or equivalent from a recognized Board/Institute.[MTS trade involves all fatigue nature of duties, few of which are cleaning, sweeping of toilets/work area, loading, un-loading, shifting of goods, gardening, feeding and cleaning of horses, night watchman, etc].Click for detailed advertisement and Application form
General Instructions for applicants
Age limit: Age for all posts mentioned in above table. The crucial date for determining age limit is the last date (22 May 2021)of application.
Age Relaxation:(i) Relaxable by three years for OBC candidates, five years for SC and ST candidates, ten years for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD)(addition five years in case of PwBD belonging to SC/ST category and three years for OBC category)and Ex–ServiceMan who have rendered not less than 06 months of continuous service in the Armed Forces shall be allowed to deduct the full period of suchservice from theiractual age and if the resultant age does not exceedthe prescribed maximum age by more than three years, they shall bedeemed to be within age limits.(ii) Departmental Employees:–40 years for UR, 43 years for OBC and 45 yearsfor SC/ST.(iii) SC/ST/OBC candidate applying against UNRESERVED POST are not entitled to any relaxation in age limit, experiences etc.
Last Date for Receipt of Application is 22 May 2021.
How to apply:(i)Eligible candidates can apply to any of the above posts subject vacancies and qualifications.
(ii)All documents in support of Education Qualification, Age, Technical Qualification, Physically Handicapped, Experience Certificate & Caste Certificate (issued by the competent civil authorities in case of SC/ST/OBC candidates) etc to be accompanied with the application should be self–attested.
(iii)In case of appointment of OBC candidates against their reserved quota their caste should be listed under Central List of OBCs as candidate belonging to castes listed under Central list only are eligible for appointment to Central Services. The latest rules with regard to creamy layer in OBCs are to be followed. Candidates seeking reservation as OBC is required to submit along with application a certificate to the effect that he does not belong to any of the creamy layer.(iv)No Objection Certificate is required for persons employed in Central/State Govt/PSU/Statutory body as permanent employee with minimum three years regular service. (v)In case of Ex–Serviceman self–attested photocopy of discharge book is to be submitted along with the application.
(vi)The following documents should be attached with the application form and should be arranged in the following order:–(a) Application form to be filled in English duly signed and affixed photograph to be self–attested.(ii)Acknowledgement Cards to be filled and affixed photograph to be self–attested.(b) Self–attested copies of 10th, 12th Std Mark Sheet & Diploma/ITI Certificates, SC/ST certificate/OBC Non–Creamy Layer certificate/Discharge book, experience certificate, EWS certificate, as applicable.(c)Self addressed envelope of 10 x 22 cms with Rs 22/–postage stamp(s)to be pasted.
(viii)Applicants to mention clearly on the envelope “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF “ and addressed to The Commandant, Defence Services Staff College, Wellington (Nilgiris) –643 231. Tamil Nadu.
Mode of Selection
(a)All application will be scrutinized in terms of age limits, minimum qualification, documents and certificates. Thereafter, eligible candidates will be issued call letters for written test.(b)The eligible candidates will be required to appear for written test. The written test will be based on minimum education qualification.(c)The written test will consist of (i) General Intelligence and Reasoning (ii) Numerical Aptitude (iii) General English(iv) General Awareness (v) Trade Specific.(d)The question cum answer paper will be English and Hindi.(e)The requisite number of candidates will be shortlisted and called for skill/physical test wherever applicable based on merit/category in the written test(f)Shortlisted candidates are to bring original certificates, copies of annexure attached with application.
(a)Application received after due date will not be considered. DSSC will not be responsible for any kind of postal delay.(b)Pre–scrutiny of the application in terms of age limit, minimum qualifications, documents and certificates will be carried out by the DSSC before calling the suitable candidates for the written test/skill test.(c)The venuefor written test / skill test is DSSC, Wellington.(d)No TA/DA will be paid to attend written test/skill test.(e)Selected candidate will be subject to All India service liability. (f)Mere submission of application(s) does not entitle candidates to be called for test. Depending on thenumber of applications received, the number of candidates will be restricted for the test based on the marks obtained in the minimum essential qualification of exam prescribed for the post(s).(g)Separate applications should be submitted for each post.
COVID–19 INSTRUCTIONS:(a)To avoid risk of COVID–19, candidates are advised to follow all instruction/guideline issued by the Central / State Government for preventive of COVID–19 from time to time.(b)At the entrance any candidate showing complaints of influence like illness (ILI) may not be allowed to for the written/skill test considering the safety of other persons.
No interim correspondence with regard to the status of application(s) will be entertained. The recruitment process can be cancelled/ suspended/ terminated without assigning any reasons. The decision of Appointing Authority (Commandant, DSSC) will be final and no appeal will be entertained.