Applications are invited for the post of Research Associate in ICSSR-IMPRESS funded project titled ‘Impact of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan on Rural Health and Hygiene Practices: A study of Uttar Pradesh and Bihar’.The study aims to assess the impact of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan on rural health and hygiene practices like hand washing, open defecation, sanitation etc and document the behaviour change and how it has affected the quality of life of people and impact on gender inclusion and overall equity. Under the project, data collection will be carried out in U.P and Bihar. The Research Associate will be required to assist the Project Director at IGNOU, Delhi, in the area of assignment. The prescribed application form is available with this advertisement.
The details of the post are as following:
Designation: Research Associate(one post)
Essential Qualifications: Post Graduate in any social science discipline with minimum 55% marks and NET/SLET/MPhil/PhD
- 2-5 years experience and evidence of documentation skills or ResearchReport writing skills
- Experience of Review of Literature, Primary data collection, data processing, sampling design andQuestionnaire design
- Experience in research preferably in WASH, Community Development
- Preferably having some admin. and supervisory experience
- Experience of data analysis in excel and any Statistical software
- Willing to travel for data collection, training and supervision of fieldwork in districts of UP and Bihar
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in English and Hindi, and other regional languages from UP and Bihar preferred.
Remuneration: Consolidated monthly emolument of Rs. 25,000/-
Application along with the recent CV with qualifications and research experience shall be emailed to:-email@example.com within 30days of this advertisement. Candidate selected for interview will be informed through email/phone calls only. No TA/DA will be paid, if called for interview.